WordPress is the most popular blogging platform but it is for peoples have money. But, if you want to kick-start your blogging career or just want to write blogs without spending any money then Blogspot is best for you.
BlogSpot is a blogging platform offered by Google. It is well-known with name “Blogger” in last few years.
Few years back, It was the most popular blogging platform. But, at present, WordPress overtaken the position. But still, BlogSpot is the second most popular blogging platform.
BlogSpot offers a lot features for free. Blogspot is full of amazing features which are not offered by any blogging platform for free. I have most of the features that other blogging platform offer in their paid plans.
Here are all features you get on Blogspot:
- Free Domain Name. You get a free sub-domain from Blogspot. You can also use your own custom domain name without any cost.
- Easy-to-use interface. The interface of Blogspot is quite easy to use and beginner friendly.
- Customization. You are free to customize your blog’s design on Blogspot.
- Advertisement. At blogger, you’re free to either place your own Advertisement or use Adsense for monetising your blog’s traffic and earn money.
- Post/Page customization. You can easily customize the look of your post/page by using HTML Editor when writing a post/page.
- Author Bio Box. An Author box is displayed at the end of every post. It contains the photo, bio and social media links of the author.
What you need to get started?
As blogspot is the best free blogging platform. If you decided to get started your blogging career with BlogSpot, then you should know what you need to get started blogging on Blogspot.
For starting and blogging on Blogspot, you just need a good internet connection, good writing skills, and that’s it. You’re now a blogger.
How to start a blog on Blogspot?
Blogspot is a free blogging platform. Creating a blog on blogspot is quite easy. As I already told you that Blogspot is a beginner friendly platform, you don’t need to learn a single line of code, or you don’t need to go for technical aspects.
You can easily create a blog on Blogspot. For this you need a Google account. If you don’t have one create an account for you here.
After creating or signing in your Google account. Visit BlogSpot.com.
Then you’ll be landed to the BlogSpot homepage. After that click on “Create Your Blog” button.
At next, you’ve to confirm your profile for your blog. You can either choose your Google+ profile or simply your Blogspot profile.
On next page, click on “Create New Blog” button. Then enter your blog name and a domain name, which is available. On entering the name and domain name of your blog, click on create button.
You’re blog is ready now! Create your first post now. You’re a blogger now!
If you found this article helpful, then please share with your friends and followers on social media.