We are returned to Programming world again. So, In today’s article we are going to discuss all about Python, a programming language. We will discuss all about it like What is Python, its features, where it is used and where you can learn this language online. So Lets begin…
What is Python?
Python is a widely used high-level programming language for general-purpose programming, created by Guido van Rossum and first released in 1991. An interpreted language, It has a design philosophy that emphasizes code readability (notably using white space indentation to delimit code blocks rather than curly brackets or keywords), and a syntax that allows programmers to express concepts in fewer lines of code than might be used in languages such as C++ or Java. ~ Wikipedia
Features of Python
There are a lot of features of this programming language. Few important features are listed here :
- Easy to use. It is a very easy to use and learn programming language. It is a programmer-friendly language.
- Expressive Language. Expressive means its so catchy, easy to learn programming language.
- Interpreted Language. It is an interpreted language means the interpreter executes the code line by line at a time which makes the debugging easy so it is beginner friendly.
- Cross Platform friendly. It can run equally on different platforms such as Windows, Linux, Unix , Macintosh etc. Platform doesn’t matter for Python.
- Open Source. Python language is free available at www.python.org. The source-code is also available there.
- OOP. Python is a object oriented programming language. So the classes, objects matters here.
- GUI. Graphical user interfaces can also be developed by using Python.
Where it is used?
Well, It is mainly popular due to its use in Artificial Intelligence development.It is use in web development. Do you know about Reddit(social media website), its fully written in Python. Google, Facebook, Wikipedia, NASA, and many big tech giants use It as their secondary programming language. Well, Primary language is Java. The Raspberry Pi single-board computer project has used this programming language as its main user-programming language. It is also used for scripting in websites. Its a head to head competitor to Java & C#.
Where You Can Learn this Programming Language?
Now, as you know few things about python, then if you are interested in learning this programming language, this section is for you. You can learn Python by two means. One is online and second is offline. Well for offline choose a coaching center and go for it. There are many courses available online also, few are paid and few are free. Here are some websites where you learn Python :
- Codecademy. It is the best website for learning it online. Their course is free of cost. You can go for it. They gives you a interpreter within webpage of every chapter so, you can do practice in real time.
- TutorialsPoint. It is another site like Code Academy that offers free tutorials with the option to test out code directly in a browser window. They offer one of the most comprehensive tutorials for novice coders that will start you through the basics and beginner stages of the language all the way to expert level tasks. You will learn how to set up a Python development environment, write basic syntax, work with variables, operators and loops, and much more.
- Codementor . It is designed for intermediate to expert developers who are already working with the language in question.
If you found this post awesome and informative. Share it with your friends and followers. Let us know in comments about your thoughts about this programming language.